Extraction of nonmetallic mineral raw materials
With the help of crushing rotor-type equipment (hammers and rotor blowbars) nonmetallic mineral raw materials are proceeded, usually of sediment nature, and also weather rocks of residual soils with large amount of clayish materials causing adhering.
Such materials include:
Combustible minerals: coal, combustible shales, turf.
Bauxites and laterite residual soils for producing argils and aluminum smelting.
Mining chemical raw materials:
- Barites are used as raw material for whitewash production, and also as a filling compound in the production of rubber, linoleum, paper and drilling agents.
- Brimstone is used as raw material for rubber vulcanization and in production of pyrotechnic compositions.
- Rock salt is used in food production, medicine, and utility services as an anti-freezing solution against glaze ice.
- Potassium salt, apatite, phosphate rock are used as raw material in production of mineral fertilizers.
- Fluorite is used for production of metallic fluxes, fluorine and fluorides, hydrofluoric acid and additives for production of enamel and glaze.
Nonmetallic industrial raw materials:
- Chrisotile asbestos is used as raw material for production of different heat insulating and fireproof construction materials and products (plates, slabs, pipes, cloths, cords, tapes, bricks, etc.). Also used as a filling for mastics, sealants, lining mass, drilling agents and grouting mortars, construction solutions and compounds.
- Magnesite is used in production of refractory and astringent materials in chemical industry and in production of refractory brick.
- Talcum is used in production of additives in food and pharmaceutics industries.
- Kaolin (white clay) is used as raw material for producing porcelain, faience, electrical and technical ceramics, and also different types of bricks and roofing products (tiling and etc.)
- Clay is used as raw material in production of cement, technical and construction ceramics as well as for different types of brick and roofing materials (tile and other).
- Carbonate strata (chalk, limestone, dolomite) are used as raw material in production of cement, lime mortars and various construction materials.
- Plaster (selenite and alabaster) and karstenite are used as raw material in production of special grouting mortar, binding construction mortar and construction materials (drywall, plasterboard, etc.).
- Graphite is used as raw material for manufacturing smelting crucibles, liner plates and antistick paints in casting industry; solid lubricators, plastic fillers and one of the basic components in production of cores for black graphite pencils (mixed with kaolin).